Resolution on Indigenous Education
The Education International First World Congress meeting in Harare (Zimbabwe) from 19 to 23 July 1995:
1. A report on the state of indigenous education internationally be presented to the 1998 EI World Congress, highlighting key common issues and proposals for progress;
2. Education International hold three regional forums for indigenous education before the next EI World Congress;
3. Education International adopt as policy that indigenous peoples will represent EI in forums dealing with indigenous peoples’ issues;
4. That all EI committees include in their work programmes a strategy for making progress on indigenous peoples’ issues;
5. Education International establish a forum for indigenous peoples.