EI’s Unite for Quality Education Conference will be held in Montreal, Canada, from 26 -31 May.
The specific objectives of the conference are:
· To discuss strategies for promoting free access to quality education;
· To discuss measures for improving teaching quality and motivation, including teacher training, professional development and support;
· To debate the role of modern tools and resources in achieving quality education;
· To identifying measures for creating supportive, safe and healthy school environments; and
· To review progress towards the achievement of Education for All and Millennium Development Goals and share strategy on how to ensure the inclusion of free quality education for all in the post-2015 global education strategy.
“Presentations, panel debates, and parallel breakout working sessions will involve all EI member organisations throughout the world, and organisations with similar aims, together in a concerted effort to highlight the importance of high quality education to the future of individuals and society,” said EI General Secretary Fred van Leeuwen.
The conference, he went on to stress, will underline the three pillars of our Unite for Quality Education campaign, i.e.:
• universal and free access to quality teaching;
• modern teaching tools and resources; and
• supportive and safe environments for teaching and learning.
You can download the conference’s reader here